DECORATIVE METAL SIGN - 26x40 - GENEVA - CATHEDRAL
The St. Peter's Cathedral sits in the center of the Old Town, built on a hill overlooking the lake. Several of its alleys are connected by secret passageways, that allowed the residents of Geneva to take from the rear the soldiers of the Duke of Savoy, when they attacked the city by surprise in 1602.
One of these secret passageways is open to the public during the second weekend of December on the occasion of the Escalade, the festival that commemorates the defense of the city. Another one leads from the Cathedral to the Bourg-de-Four, the square represented on the artwork. This former marketplace is nowadays the bustling heart of the Old Town, with its historic cafés and popular terraces in summer.
Size H: 40 cm / W: 26 cm
Delivery: 2-3 days (Local)